Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Where It All Started...

The ancestor of every action is a thought - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've thought about doing this for a long time - or at least something like it. I've kept a written journal for over ten years, but it's mostly deep questions about life, philosophy and faith.

This one is just going to be my thoughts on topics I find interesting. I imagine most postings will be about politics or public policy, but I'm sure other topics will pop up from time to time. Most of the entries will probably be remarks on daily events, but occasionally I will post essays that I write. I'll also respond to interesting questions posted on the site.

I've been fortunate to work, study and make friends with some of the smartest people in the world over the last few years. They have taught me a great deal - not the least of which is humility. I'm not writing with the intent of advocating specific positions or thoughts - though I will give my opinion. These posts are primarily meant to force me to record my thoughts so that I can reflect on them later and push my thinking. If I am really lucky, I'll get a few folks to respond to them from time to time to point out things I miss or get wrong.

If I ever have any readers - I welcome your comments - especially if you disagree with anything you read!

No comments: