Friday, April 6, 2007

The Urgency of Climate Change Legislation

I've written on global warming before, so I won't waste many more words on the topic here.

However, this article caught my attention because it asserts that the effects of global warming are far more imminent than I had previously believed.

The scientific consensus that major human suffering due to global warming could start as early as 2020 is frightening - particularly when you consider the length of time it will take to enact serious reforms to curb CO2 emissions...

To those of you that follow Congress closely and write your Reps and Senators, keep an eye on the climate change legislation promised this summer. We need meaningful action now more than ever. I no longer believe we can wait until we have a new President.

No comments: